Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Frodsham, Cheshire
Level/Salary: Dependant upon experience
Position Type: Permanent
Travel Required: Yes
Role and Responsibilities
The role will be to ensure compliance with regulatory standards, company procedures and safety policies. You will ensure that the planned and ad hoc maintenance activity supports both regulatory standards and company procedures.
We are looking for someone who has extensive knowledge in the following:
- Ensure full compliance with existing Part 145 and national regulations and remain continually aware of any changes to regulations
- Assist the Quality Manager with production and implementation of the Part 145 audit program
- Carry out Quality audits as prescribed by the Quality Manager to ensure timely execution of the Part 145 audit programme and that all aspects of maintenance activities, including subcontracted services, are audited against the relevant regulations to ensure compliance
- Carry out unannounced Quality audits at any of the organisation’s approved Maintenance locations as and when requested by the Accountable Manager, Maintenance Manager or Quality Manager
- Report any findings or concerns to the Quality Manager and directors within the organisation
- Ensure the adequate and appropriate closure of audit findings with respect to root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions
- Assist the Quality Manager with the management of the Part 145 certifying staff authorisation system
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Detailed knowledge of EASA Part 145 and its practical application
· Received formal aviation engineering training
· Received appropriate training in Human Factors (HF), Fuel Tank Safety (FTS) and Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS)
· Previous auditor experience in an aviation
· Eligible to qualify for and hold UK airside security passes, as per DFT regulations.
· Previous experience within aircraft maintenance
· Understanding of the engineering authorisation process
· Proficient IT skills in particular Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / Powerpoint).
This full-time role will be based at our Head Office in Cheshire, and will be 40 hours per week.
The role will require occasional travel within UK and abroad between Line stations and engineering projects for scheduled and product audits